Google Reader, the online RSS reader from Google had a major upgrade some time back. Check this post to know more about Google Reader.
Mihai Parparita, one of the lead developer of Google Reader has written a Greasemonkey Script to add Reader into GMail. The script added a “Feeds” link within GMail as shown below:
Winston has written another Greasemonkey script to integrate Reader into GMail. Some of the new features are:
- Spilt-window view of GMail and Reader on a single page – I definitely didn’t like this layout, its just not fit for widescreen monitors I guess.
- Links to collapse|expand either GMail or Reader – GMail and Reader are shown in a split pane and this can be collapsed and expanded.
- Integrated Reader uses start-page as specified in Reader’s “Settings”
- Labels selector – You can view the feeds based on the labels in Reader
- Key ‘v’ to open Reader links in a new Window
- Automatic resize of GMail and Reader views
Requirements to Install the Script
- Winstons Script (Reader in GMail)
Alternatively, you can also try out Mihai’s script here.