I got bored with that theme and decided to install a Mac theme. A search for the same lead me to a software called FlyakiteOSX.
FlyakiteOSX is not just a theme, its a complete transformation pack (30 MB download) which converts your XP desktop environment into a complete Mac Simulation. (I have not worked on a OSX, so I cannot comment as to what level of simulation has been done)
The transformation pack:
- Patches the Uxtheme.dll so that the Tiger theme can be installed and used. Also skins for some app’s such as WinRar,MSN Messenger are also installed.
- Replaces the icons of the control panel widgets and many others such as My Computer/Recycle Bin etc
- Changes the color of the folders using a app called as iColorFolder
- Installs few other app’s such as Y’z Shadow,WinRoll and UberIcon. These app’s can be used for transparency setting and other UI enhancements
- Modifies the startup screen;also sets the OSX sounds and cursors.
The guide has all the details on the features of FlyakiteOSX. So if you were not encouraged by the above feature description, probably you should have a look at some of the screenshots 🙂
Turn Off Computer
Picture and Music Folder
You can find few more photos in my Flickr album.