The annual release of Eclipse code named Europa is now available for download. Like last yearâ€™s Callisto release, the Europa release is a coordinated release of different Eclipse project teams.
This year, the annual release includes 21 projects. By releasing these projects at the same time, Eclipse aims to eliminate uncertainty about version compatibility and make it easier to incorporate multiple projects into your environment.
I personally will be interested in exploring the following projects other than the standard Eclipse Platform/JDT/PDE
- CDT – C/C++ Development Tools
- WTP – Web Tools Platform
- GEF – Graphical Editing Framework
- GMF – Graphical Modeling Framework
- DTP – Data Tools Platform
- ECF – Eclipse Communications Framework
- STP – SOA Tools Platform