Google Calendar Sync did not like Outlook 2010 and I was no longer able to synchronize calendar items. I was almost tempted to go back to Outlook 2007 and then I found a thread to resolve this issue
Follow these steps to get Google Sync work with Outlook 2010
- Backup Outlook.exe. If you have done a default install of Office 2010, the file can be found at
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Close Outlook if its already running and ensure that Outlook.exe is not listed in Task Manager
- Edit Outlook.exe in a Hex Editor
- Replace text
- Save the file.
- Start Outlook and ensure that its still functioning
- Start Google Calendar Sync and you should see sync back in action.