One thing that I noticed after setting up all my email accounts on Blackberry was the hotmail email was landing real slow on the Blackberry device
It used to come almost after 10-15 minutes, much like my corporate email that I configured using Outlook Web Access (OWA).
On other accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo or yahoo, the mail delivery was almost instantaneous.
To fix this delay in hotmail do the following:
- Login to your carries BIS page i.e. http://carrier.blackberry.com
- Edit the hotmail account settings
- You should see a “Change Protocol” option as shown in the image below
- Click on it and accept the terms and conditions.
- This change to “Mobile Services Protocol” should now start delivering mails to your Blackberry device as and when it lands on the hotmail server.
Comments on this entry are closed.
Wow thanks so much. After the last VZW OS update to the Tour, the delay with Hotmail started happening. Couldn’t figure it out at all. Finally tried this in the BIS setup and it worked after Re-sending Service Books!
You are a God lol.
I used to be able to see the change protocol option, but not anymore now. Is it still available in the BIS 3.0 version?
I do not see the Change Protocol button. I only see the Synchronize deleted items check box. My carrier is Verizon Wireless…is there any other way around to fix this?
I did the change protocol option and still its not working the way gmail is working..
I am receiving mails delayed by minmum of 10 Minutes to 5 Hours..
Its creating a mess for me..
Plz help me out for this..
Reply / Help Awaited..
Tried this with a hotmail address and it worked. But I didn’t see the protocol option for antother Hotmail address I have….
You are always putting great stuff. I really appreciate that and follow your blogs.Thanks for updating such a wonderful information.